Thursday 29 December 2011

Losing Cricket Bet


Losing the Bet
(This poem is composed after I lost a world cup cricket bet to my best friend!)


One hardest thing to bear,
Is when you lose a bet.
Something you longed for, 
Yet all good things end one day!



That's why I treasure every win,
Day in and day out,
And every measure of true bliss,
Through friend's congratulation mail!
Yet all good things end one day!

While life goes on,
It's no more the same as before, 
For there's a missing piece.
But all good things end one day!

To think of it differently,
If my loss is my friend's gain,
It is my gain too,
And I will get double pleasure,
In making him happy, by losing out.

Now, I can say with pride,
All good things need not necessarily end!
Yes, all good things need not necessarily end!
God bless my precious friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment