Tuesday 3 January 2012

Sakunthala and New Year (song)

When everything seemed impossible in life an year back in 2010, this old song of 50's has helped me to express my sorrow.
I never knew that my daughter is recording it, only to realize later that she has added background music to it!! This is our New year song for 2012 and not Kolavery:-)

Here are some funny comments from my malayalee friends from Yahoo groups......






From: Unni ?
Sent: Sunday, January 1, 2012 7:56 AM
Subject: Re:  Re: Sakunthala and New Year
 
Wow.. that is really good... I am sure it would offend some old timers, but I would agree with KKKKs analysis. Now if only Katy Perry would sing that. ....
---------------------------------------
From: Revathy
Sent: Sunday, January 1, 2012 9:41 PM
Subject: Re: Re: Sakunthala and New Year


 Unni, If you like it, it is a great relief for me! As you say, remixes can offend some old timers including me and you, but hope it is not for this case and my daughter has never heard the original version and she felt that without some background music, my song is not worth hearing:-)
Re



From: Achuth Menon
Sent: Sunday, January 1, 2012 5:11 AM
Subject: Re: Sakunthala and New Year
 
Well done Revathy...great to hear this song after a loooong break. Next I look forward to "Aaa Nimisha thente Nirvrithiviyil..ngan oru..avani thennal aye mare"

BTW can you tell me the botanical name for Shanku Pushpam?

Achu

 ----------------------------------------------------
From: Revathy
Sent: Sunday, January 1, 2012 9:46 PM
Subject: Re: Re: Sakunthala and New Year

Achu,
 "Aa nimishattinde..".I know that this is your fav song, so is mine. You entrusted a difficult task! I dont think any one can sing even 1 % like Janaki, let alone me!  I will attempt anyway with Janaki's and yours blessings!
Re






From: Krishna Kumar
Sent: Saturday, December 31, 2011 10:23 AM
Subject: Re:  Sakunthala and New Year
 
Hi Revathy,

Wow ! Way to go.  I'd be proud if  our kids took up such  hobbies  that brings out their creative  talents ( even if a little naughty).  During this week I've been listening to some of the all time big  English hits.   Goes to show  music is ageless. 

Cheers !  KKKK
----------------------------------
From:  Revathy
Sent: Sunday, January 1, 2012 9:24 PM
Subject: Re: Sakunthala and New Year

KKKK, I am surprised that someone in TVM has liked it!Yes music is ageless and dont have even language barrier (eg: Kolavery). Now it is our turn to list out best English songs in our forum, like mallu and Hindi exercises we did earlier. Thanks for sharing the english albums you like, but can you specify the songs for listing the best 5??
Re

No comments:

Post a Comment